Decorating your bedroom can be a fun but a challenging experience. It’s fun because you can let your creativity and personality shine, but on the other side of the coin, it can be challenging because you might be unsure about what to do. The latter is especially true if you don’t have any experience in revamping your bedroom. Let this article help make this process easier.
Creating the perfect bedroom can be tough, but it can always be done. By using the right strategies, you can surely enjoy the perfect bedroom in no time. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Always Start With Your Bed.
Your bed is one of the most important furniture in your bedroom. This space won’t be called a bedroom if it doesn’t have any bed, right? For you to create the perfect bedroom, it’s best if you start with your bed first. You should invest in items which can improve the quality of your sleep and the aesthetics of your bedroom.
The following tips can come in handy:
- Exert time and effort in buying a high-quality mattress. Depending on your personal preference and size of the bedroom, you might be eyeing to buy a queen-sized or king-sized bed. Once you know what kind of mattress to buy, scout for at least three manufacturers and compare their prices. You can either do this by visiting different physical stores such as Amerisleep mattress store or check options online.
- After buying the perfect mattress, buy a mattress topper next. This add-on can protect your mattress and everything that’s in it while adding a touch of elegance and luxury in your bedroom.
- Dress your mattress in great sheets. With the number of options to choose from, you can buy sheets made from cotton, bamboo, or nylon. To help you choose, imagine how the sheets will look once it’s folded or made on the bed.
- Add a pop of color in your bedroom by investing in throw pillows. Depending on the overall theme of your bedroom, you can choose to buy throw pillows in loud colors or colorful patterns.
- Make Sure That Your Bedroom Is Dark.
Whenever your bedroom is too bright, it’ll be hard for you to get some shuteye. This happens because light exposure can send a signal to your brain that it’s time to get up from bed and work. This is also the reason why you often feel energized whenever you see the sun rise every morning.
As one way of creating a perfect bedroom, make sure your bedroom is dark. You can achieve this goal by buying blackout curtains or by using floor to ceiling drapes. These will surely make your bedroom dark, regardless of the time of the day.
- Always Keep Your Bedroom Cool.
Aside from the light, the temperature of your bedroom can make or break the quality of your sleep. If your bedroom is too humid, you’ll be sweating, and you won’t be able to sleep. You’ll spend time fanning yourself instead of sleeping. To ensure this won’t happen in your own bedroom, invest in an air conditioning unit and pay attention to the temperature of the space. Ideally, the temperature of your bedroom should be kept at 66 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If you tend to “overheat,” make your room cooler.
To maximize the temperature of your bedroom, take the time to look into your bedding options. Satin sheets can absorb the cool easier than cotton and flannels.
- Regularly Declutter Your Bedroom.
All of your efforts to create a perfect bedroom will be useless if you don’t regularly declutter the space. Regardless of how innovative your bedroom interior design is, if the space is always cluttered and unorganized, you’ll never want to sleep or even stay in your bedroom.
Decluttering your bedroom should be on top of your to-do list when creating a bedroom. Having an organized bedroom is less distracting and stressful, making it easy for you to doze off to sleep.
All of your clothes should have its designated storage and should never be piled in one chair inside your bedroom. Your nightstand should only have three items – a lamp, jewelry organizer, and a box of tissue.
Always Have Fun
Don’t pressure yourself in making your bedroom flawless. Instead, have fun in transforming your bedroom and make sure that you’re happy during and after the process. After all, this is your private sanctuary – no one can tell you if you’re decorating your bedroom in the right or wrong way.